Making sure that your house looks beautiful from inside is important. But don’t forget about the outside! While it’s easy to decorate your home, pepping up your landscapes to make it look beautiful is a tricky task. People who love gardening find it to be therapeutic and understand that it requires patience, attention, and care. Thoughtful landscaping is the key to wholesome outdoor decoration. Here are some ideas for nature-loving homeowners to beautify the outsides of their abode and make people turn heads every time they pass your house.
Before we jump to the ways of landscaping, let’s first understand what it means.
What is Landscaping?
Sustainable Landscaping is more than just stuffing your garden area with flowers and plants. It is the art of wholly decorating our outdoors to increase its appeal and make it comforting yet attractive. It is the process of making a garden or other piece of land more attractive by altering the existing design. While beautiful looking and smelling flowers are an important part of landscape decoration, one needs to keep themselves from making a nursery out of their garden area. Adding ornamental features, a couple of useful furniture and even replacing old hardware play an important role in glamming up your landscape. There are 7 main principles that need to be kept in mind before you start the process of landscaping. They are:
- Simplicity: Simplicity is the key. Don’t overload your garden area to make it look picture perfect. Remember, the images of landscape designs you see online are meant to be appealing to the viewers. They aren’t always practical.
- Balance: Balancing the visual appeal weightage of each element present in the garden is important. It helps in binding the entire look together.
- Emphasis: To soften architectural features, it is essential to ease out the emphasis. Too much emphasis on one aspect can make others look dull and boring.
- Variety: Visuals are important. Hence, when picking out elements to add to your landscaping design remember to include various textures, patterns and colours.
- Sequence: Systematic changes are better than sudden ones. The layout should be flowy and gradual. It binds the look together rather than just looking spaces allotted to specifics.
- Unity: Everything should be complementing each other. Interconnection is the key.
- Scale and Proportion: Scales and size are important. Tall trees in front of a small house may make it look unappealing.
Ways to Decorate Your Landscape:
Now that we know the key aspects to keep in mind before starting the decoration process, here is an accumulated list of some key elements that can help you truly transform the look of the outsides of home. To know what they are, continue reading!
- Welcoming Entrance: Many upcoming residential properties in Kolkata have a lovely welcoming entrance premade. Your homes’ entrance says a lot about you. Make sure it’s an inviting one rather than looking/ feeling avoidant. Symmetry design in the entrance is currently trending as they have an alluring appeal. Also adding little fairy lights to the entrance can add a fun element to the entrance.
- Appealing Sidewalks: After you enter the gate comes the sidewalk. Wide and spacious sidewalks are the ideal kind. When designing your sidewalk, don’t shy away from adding wonderful smelling lavender plants, colourful pebbles, and stones. Lavender borders look appealing and also smell great.
- Boundaries and Fences: Boundaries are important in life as well as homes. In the world of landscaping, setting boundaries is known as edging. It is the process of separating the lawn area from the walkways. However, nobody said that boundaries need to look boring. Let your creative juices flow and decorate the edges with coloured wine bottles and other objects.
- Flower Walls: Dedicate a wall to beautiful wallflowers but make sure to choose a spot where sunlight reaches. It adds a touch of romance in the air and is also a gorgeous background for outdoor photoshoots.